The Art Guys Cookbook
I'm starting to think about Rebecca Longworth's idea for:
A “recipe book” of sorts so that this structure of performance-creation can be applied to any public space. I have a parallel project that concerns creating public-space performances quickly in response to current events.
The Art Guys here in Houston have a current project called 12 Events:
The Art Guys
1983-2013: Thirty Years of Collaboration, Commitment, Confustion
• 12 Events is a series public events executed by The Art Guys at various locations throughout Houston over the course of the year 2013.
• 12 Events consists of 12 separate and distinct events, one for each month.
• 12 Events consists of selections from unrealized works by The Art Guys of varying length and complexity.
• 12 Events is a series of unspectacular spectacles: elaborately unordinary life gestures.
• 12 Events continues The Art Guys interest in a “direct-to-the-public” and accessible approach to experiencing art outside the established institutional framework.
• 12 Events is designed to engage the widest possible audience by utilizing various media. The Art Guys engage the media because the media engages the public.
• 12 Events is free and open to the public.
• 12 Events is presented in celebration of thirty years of The Art Guys' collaboration.
Click the button for a free copy of their 12 mouth-watering recipes!